Dear Parents and Guardians,
And the Angel said “Mary will conceive a son and she will name him Emmanuel (which means God is with us)”. (Matthew 1:23) December is a very busy time. We are flooded with advertisements of sales, shopping frenzies and great gifts. Let us remember that the greatest gift that we have received is Jesus! He is truly the reason for the season!
December is truly a busy month here at St. Bartholomew!! Please pay close attention to the listing of activities on the calendar.
School will be closed Tuesday December 8th in observance of The Feast of Immaculate Conception. This is a Holy Day of Observation and all Catholics must attend Mass.
Report Cards will be given out on Wednesday, December 9th from 1-3pm and 5-7pm.
All conferences will be held in the gym. By demonstrating your interest in your child’s progress, you indicate how important school is to their development. School dismisses at 12 noon with Afterschool available.
**Tuition and Fees must be up to date in order to have a conference and receive report card**
Teachers will make appointments with each family indicating their designated time period. We request that you are prompt in keeping your appointment and understand that this is simply a short meeting, meant to distribute your child’s report card to you.
Teachers will speak briefly on your child’s progress. Please note, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth grade parents may only meet with the Homeroom Teacher assigned to your child’s class. Should there be significant concerns, you need to schedule a conference to discuss those concerns in depth. The gym will not be open until 1:00pm for meetings.
Please make a special note of the following days:
- Tuition is due 12/1; payments received after 12/1 will be charged a late fee
- Wednesday 12/9 Report Cards 1-3pm 5-7pm
- Thursday 12/10 Elf The Musical (Details will be sent home)
- Saturday 12/12 Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Check Church Bulletin for Mass Schedule)
- Friday 12/18 Christmas Show –NO AFTERSCHOOL (Tickets on Sale 12/09)
- Wednesday 12/23 Regular Dismissal NO AFTERSCHOOL
- Wednesday 12/24 Christmas Recess begins school re-opens Mon Jan. 6, 2016
On behalf of St. Bartholomew Academy, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.